Packet core specialist
Title: Packet Core Specialist
Department: Technical and Information Systems Department
Unit: Operation Unit
Maintain NSN Packet Core elements and ensure the quality of mobile Internet according to the Company internal procedures and management instructions.
NSN Packet Core network element management
- Operate and maintain the existing NSN Packet core elements (SGSN, GGSN, Firewalls, DNSs, Core Switches and Routers)
- Handle troubleshooting activities to solve encountered network problems
- Daily routine tasks in the job (monitoring, health check and operating all NSN PC nodes).
Data network security
- Security policy configuration
- Ensure the security of the network
Backup network element
- Perform periodic systems backup off all network elements and secure archive files.
New services and features implementation and testing
- Participation in the core network implementation activities
- Equipment installation and integration
- Define roaming database and execute the needed tests.
- Network load report
- Troubleshooting report
- Network fault report
- Statistical report on network KPIs.
- Collaboration with Firewall suppliers and international carriers/Partners, other Technical teams in IT, Billing, Engineering, Maintenance is required.
- Preparation of inventory list of all switches modules.
- Telecommunications basics (The principles of building a network based on the standards GSM\UMTS)
- Technical knowledge (electrical, electronic, etc)
- Knowledge in software that deals with telecommunication systems
- IP basic knowledge
- Linux/Unix , SQL, Oracle, SS7 signalling
- Higher Engineering in Telecommunication sphere
- 3-5 years work experience in PSTN sphere.